Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Survive?

Well I made it thru another Christmas. I believe in the reason for the season but since I don't have little ones near by the Santa bit leaves me cold. I am not a Scrooge but I don't want gifts. I give what I can but thats it. I want to hear from my sons-that is gift enough.
I fixed what I liked to eat, ate when I wanted and did what I wanted during the day. Afternoon naps arn't bad. I have always felt that it is a family holiday and if you can't be with your family you don't go to someone elses. I had many well meaning invites but I said no.
I sometimes feel that my social graces are lacking since I have lived alone for so many years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you Joyce, glad that you got to spend time with your family.

Jodi said...

My folks live several states away from me, and my sister's family had sickness, so my folks wanted to just stay home. They spent their Christmas relaxing, eating as they pleased (when and what!), and watching movies. Daddy says he thinks it was their best Christmas ever (he's 71 and he's always spoken his mind) - lol!