Tuesday, May 15, 2007

History Day

Today I started with a walk down memory lane. 1926-My mother and father's marriage license.
1947-Newspaper clipping of my Grandma and grandpa's 60th. wedding anniverary
1966-Pictures of the first Christmas after my husband died.
1967-Pictures of my son G first birthday
1976-Pictures of mom and dad's 50th anniverary.
It is amazing what you find. Picture of my sister and I with a pony. I was 5 or 6.
Pictures of my late brothers.
I was trying to put a few things away. Sometimes it doesn't pay to look at what is already put away. These things and more that I looked at today brought back good memories.
This all proves that life goes on and we have to go with it.

6 comments:

TO BECOME said...

That must have been a really wonderful trip down memory lane. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. I can spend hours looking at family photos.

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a good time looking through pictures/clippings!

alphabet soup said...

Isn't it amazing what comes to light sometimes and the things that you remember when you find them.
Ms Soup

TO BECOME said...

Joyce, I hope you are feeling well. You have been in my thoughts. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. connie from Texas

Katie said...

You've been tagged, Joyce. Check my blog.