Monday, August 06, 2007

Car Report Plus

Well still no car that runs. My neighbor has taken me to church the last two weeks. As we called a new pastor last week I was glad I was there to vote. Tomorrow I have doctors appointment so she gave me her car for the next few days. I can do laundry and some shopping also. It is so discouraging to be without a car. I really get down. My oldest son was visiting in a town near here with his wife and my first great grandchild. They were visiting my nephew. They went home by different route so I could get a visit. It has been quite awhile since I have seen them. My GGD is so cute. She walked in the house and yelled "Grandma Joyce are you home?" I was on computor . My son checked the car out and gave me some more details of what it needs. YUK!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of visitors! That is good since you can't get out and about as much as you like.

How is Josh doing up there? Did B tell you?

Anonymous said...

I am lucky living without a car. The library is near, a supermarket, in the town I can do all by bus. If I need I can use a friend's car. If I have to go to another city I mostly use the train.
Is walking hard for you?

Mimi said...

Hi Joyce,
I have been without a car this past week also... and now a new transmission later... I have my car back but it still acts "funny" and of course since I am a woman they all think that I am nuts when I say it still doesn't act right!
I'm happy for you that your family was able to stop by to see you.
I hope you are able to walk or ride the bus where you need to go...
and the people at church are always so gracious to give rides when needed

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I live in small town with one store about 2 blocks from my house. Post office is near store. There is no public bus service. Senior Citizens has a van that goes places but I'm not sure when.
Mago,
I can walk about a mile and a half. I did walk more a few years ago and might be able to do it again if I tried. 3 miles at one time is my limit.
Mimi,
Cars are nice but they need to run. Living along for 40 years I don't get too many "macho men"
Mechanics. I have knowledge and they know it.
I'm glad you were able to get your car fixed.

Jodi said...

Joyce ~ Your GGD sounds adorable. How wonderful that you were able to see her (and your son and his wife).

Hoping and praying your car gets fixed soon!

TO BECOME said...

Joyce, cars can be a headache but with out a car, it is very bad. There is so much you have to do and If you are like me, it is not easy to ask for help. Maybe soon. Take care, connie from Texas

Tammy said...

Joyce, I'm just stopping by tonight to let you know that I gave you a "Nice Matters" award at my blog. =) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hello Joyce. Just dropped by to look how things are going. Hope you are well?