Saturday, May 09, 2009

What a Week and Happy Mother's Day

This has been some week. My son and his son dug up the septic tank so it could be pumped out. Old house very low tank about 6 foot deep if not more. Nice large hole in my back yard and the great grands are here to. They had to see of course and got so close to the hole. What we said didn't mean much-this was something different for them. Lucky for them, only my son and grandson had to deal with falling. The walls gave way more than once and they had to dig out what they had dug out more than once.No easy access here. It was open overnight and in the morning my son had to dig out what had fallen in. It was pumped at 10 in the morning so it was closed and covered quickly. My yard is a mess but a month from now grass will be growing and hopefully the house will look better. In the front yard I have tulips almost open, The peony bushed are growing.
The daffodils are holding on. The violets are up-but hard to see in the midst of some tulips.
This morning I woke up to the furnace running. It was 36 but it suppose to feel like 28 degrees. Tonight it will get down to 34.
I had hoped to get some work done in the yard but it isn't going to be today. My neighbor Dawn has tulips in bloom and loads of daffidill areas in her yard plus more color in other flowers. Her yard is absolutly beautiful. My ggs wanted to pick when I took her over to see all the flowers.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY and remember folks there are fathers doing motherly duties while mom is overseas.
God Bless

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely mothers day.
xxx

Anonymous said...

hope you have a nice mom's day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

My best wishes for mothers day for you.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Raine said...

The weather differences between states is amazing. We are running in the 90's some days this week and I am sleeping with the windows wide open for air and running the AC during the day