Monday, August 24, 2009

House Terrors

As I have said before I live in an old house and every once in awhile it attacks. I have a dirt floor in the half basement and someone working down there put plastic on the floor. Now that led to water on top of the plastic. I left doors open so air could get down there and dry it up. Didn't work. So I put a few holes in plastic to see if that would get the water to drain to dirt floor.
I used a nail to make small holes and not to many of them. Hasn't solved the problem. So I am thinking dehumidafier.(sp) I then discovered this week that outlet in basement isn't working. I thought it was trouble light and bought a new one but it's the outlet. Next thing I am going to try is clumping kitty liter. If that works I can scoop it off the plastic.
The house attacks go on. Thursday evening I decided to clean the bathroom sink before I went to bed. When I let the water out it went all over the vanity and the floor. Had to clear out the cabinet under the sink,dry that out and clean the floor. Pushed the pipes back up onto the drain and am hoping for the best.
I love my house but like I said to my kids years ago I love them but don't always like them. That is my relationship with my house.
We shall see if the attacks go on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, good for you for fighting back. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Good luck with your battles.