Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Rambles

The last few weeks were not boring but not too exciting. I live in an old house and the pump in the basement was sounding like I had a bearing going. You couldn't flush or rinse a dish without hearing the loud banging and clanging. Then about two weeks ago it started waking me up. I would get up to see if I had drippy faucet. No water dripping in house. I had someone get me a pump replacement and when they brought it they took it downstairs to see what all was needed to have a secure water system.
When we were down there I saw that my sewer pipe in the basement was dripping where a clean out plug was. Old cast iron pipes don't last forever. That was something else that needed to be fixed plus the pump and water tank needed to have some new piping. Joy Joy! The work is done and I am waiting for all the receipts so I can pay for it. I also had a new electric switch put in the basement by the pump(surprise but it was nice;no need to go upstairs if I want to shut off pump).

My blood pressure is giving me fits. So I have been trying to get off of one more but I can't do it- the rebound effect of stopping one is really bad and I only cut the dose in half. Am now following doctors orders.

My sister had to deal with the hottest July and I had the third coldest July since 1880s. So how do you decide where to live?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I were just talking about your pump. I'm glad it is fixed!! (or least that is how I interpreted this blog message). We had to get our fridge fixed recently. Always something it seems, eh?

Mimi said...

glad you got your pump fixed... better for things to go bad in the summer instead of waiting for the cold cold days of winter...