Friday, February 04, 2011

Checking In

I am dealing with strange weather for weeks now. Now my sister who lives 1,100 miles south of me has weather like me. I am hoping she gets back to normal soon. Tonight our temps were the same.:o( I am more or less used to it but they are not. I am not used to their warm summers with the 100 degrees days.
I am chilling, not fighting any battles. Not letting anything or anyone get to me. Like I said on Facebook-A battle not fought means NO winners or losers.
Tonight a little girl came to my door and asked if I wanted to buy some delicious cookies? I asked her did she guaranty they would be delicious and she replied yes right away. Girl Scout cookies time has arrived. I remember selling them over 64 years ago. She had a smile on her face and it was a fine time for me and I can look forward to sometime in March when they come.
The Super Bowl has thousands of dollars being spent. It is a big deal. The news in Egypt and a little nine year old girl being shot by her brother last night and going to school today where a teacher noticed she had a problem seemed almost to take second place. Strange!!!
Hope everyone has a great week ahead and says a prayer for peace.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope you manage to stay warm.

I didn't hear about the girl, what happened? Her brother shot her but she still went to school?

Egypt has been on almost constantly on our news, I guess not many Brits are interested in the Superbowl.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Little girl and brother were home alone. The bullet came out her arm pit so the brother cleaned her up,put a bandage on and she went to bed. Next morning she got up and went to school. Don't know where a parent was. She is in hospital now and is expected to be fine?
Egypt is one of many countries in turmoil.
What must God be thinking of these humans?

Sarah said...

Poor little girl, to be too afraid to tell mum and dad, or even a teacher. I found the story online, I wonder what they were doing home alone?

I think God must break His heart. "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart" (Gen 6:6)

It's just like the days of Noah. A sad, sad world.

Anonymous said...

One does see a world in turmoil. Don't forget the floods and cyclone that hit Australia. I do hope and pray for a peaceful end to the troubles in Egypt.

Anonymous said...

Are you interested in sports? I heared that the Greenbay Packers won - congratulations!
I do not understand why people do not lock away guns when children are around.