Friday, September 08, 2006

Is He trying to tell me something?

For me this has and is a bad week. Between my memories and things that are happening to others there is a great deal of pain and knowledge that I made it thru. My husband died on Labor Day 40 years ago at the age of 32. Ayoung man and father died Labor Day at the age of 31.I knew of him; Ican't say we were friends though. Both in traffic accidents. It shocked the whole town and definately me. Today was the date of my husband's funeral. {Right on his mother's birthday.
Then I hear of Susan Godfrey. Her baby is being born on Tuesday. In June she found out that her baby has no kidneys and will die within hours of her birth. This is the second child she will lose this way. I lost my first born shortly after birth-born without kidneys. I did not know ahead of time. So much PAIN.
But God got me thru and we can all pray for Susan and her family. She will need our prayers and so will her family for quite a while. After 40 years it still affects me. This has been harder than lots of years.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a hard week. I'm glad you made it through. =)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Jeff after reading my last 2 blogs -You send a message like you did. I can only conclude you are a fool or you think I am.

Tammy said...

I just saw this post...I hope you're doing much better now.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Tammy
Iam doing better. I can't control the blues I get 24/7 but I know that I have it better than some other people. I just need to give myself a lecture and I do better. I always plan on having a good day. I see no point in not doing so. I enjoy your blog. I love seeing how your doing and what your doing.
God blessJoyce

Kim C. said...

What a week of sad memories. Are there sweet memories of your husband that you would like to share?

Joyce's Ramblings said...

kim c.
All I can say is I felt loved and protected most of the time. I was on a pedestal put there by my husband. We had our bad moments but in the short amount of time that we had he showed he loved my son and he loved the 3 sons we had together.