Sunday, September 17, 2006

What a weak end!

Friday my son came up with my two great grandsons.Tailor is 3 and Robert is 18 months. They came up for the week end and help me celebrate my 73 birthday. {Thats where the weak end comes in.} I do not know how I did it with my boys. I was so tired out and fixing meals wasn't that easy as it was before. I did get chicken one night. My son Robert helped with some of the cooking but I fell short. When you live alone you don't cook all the things you used to. A cheese sauce for the broccoli had me puzzled for a short while but it turned out. The sausage gravey for saturdays breakfast turned out with my sons help. It was cereal for the boys on Sunday. It is amazing how children can be so wonderful to see and so tireing.
After they left a good friend called and said they were on the north side of Green Bay and were coming to steal me away. I have not seen this girl and her husband for about a year. They picked me up and we went to visit another friend. There we had brownies and coffee. We also had good conversation. The ride was pleasent with the changing color on the trees. They brought me back home. I am tired but it was a busy time. The week end turned into a weak end-Mine!

1 comment:

alphabet soup said...

Happy Birthday Joyce!!

Seems like had had a grand time.