Friday, October 06, 2006

Road work

I have gotten to drive this week at request of people that weren't feeling well. My friend with cancer wanted to get out of the house so I said fine. We went for a color tour checking all the trees and Lake Michigan. We went in the UP of Michigan and the northern part of Wisconsin. We did a couple hundred miles. When I came home my neighbor came over and I ended going up to get a prescription filled for her. Today my friend (believe or not another one) called and asked if I could take her up to see a doctor. This trip took four hours.
I was available nothing in my home was as important as their requests. I am so thankful that I can do this. I feel that if you can help someone you should. God has given me this as a mission. If you know some one needs a hand offer yours.
God will bless you for it.
Sometimes people need more than your prayers. Mentioning their name while you pray is right but sometimes it needs to be folowed up with help from you. God can answer prayer but he uses you to drive a car or get something at a store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you could do this for them as well. =) I bet the color trip was really beautiful! Things here are starting to turn as well. Some trees have already lost it. ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

You seem to be a lot like my Mom. What you do makes such a difference. I know, because I'm mostly on the receiving end of the kindness of others these days.