Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Little Things

In my yard I had an area 4X5 foot surrounded by rocks right in front of my porch. It sort of died out in the last couple of years. But this week I have ONE crocus that has bloomed- where there were many there is now one. It is beautiful. It gave it a try and it made it. I appreciate the fact. I also looked at an area outside my bedroom. I have a few flowers their size is so tiny. Three blue bloom on a three inch stem. The three blooms aren't even an inch in size. They are delicate but also beautiful. This caused me to look for my paper whites. I believe I found where they are starting to come up.

I think there is a lesson here for all of us. It's the little things that count in life. We don't need a dozen roses when a "dandylion" given in love means so much more. Look at the little things and appreciate them they are a gift from God.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great application! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My violas came back this year! Yea! They were supposed to, but I was worried. I just hope that last snowfall didn't kill a couple of them.

TO BECOME said...

You are so right. It is the little things that mean the most. They are God's special gift to us. Before you know it they have added up to a life. God bless you. connie from Texas

Anonymous said...

Pretty thoughts Joyce.

I love Spring flowers, and my little girls love Dandylions, they give me many bouquets each week.

Katie said...

I love spring flowers. :)

This is the first time i am finally getting on your blog to see your new look. It looks great! :) I especially love the signature thing.