Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stressful days.

Well God let me make it through a few bad days. The new pill I started on Tuesday hit me like a ton of bricks. Iwas walking home from town meeting when I went sprawling in the middle of the road. It was fun trying to get up. Naturally since I had removed the boot from my left leg I had to skin my right knee and hurt my right arm. When I got up from the chair so I could close the drapes I started to pass out. Held on for deer life--made a chair and sat with my head between my knees until I felt okey. Within a few minutes I had to use the bathroom and while I was in there waves of nausea hit and I sat there getting sick in the wastebasket I held in front of me. That pill should be taken at night and I took it in afternoon. Called my neighbor that is a nurse and showed her the paper which I hadn't read like I should have.
Yesterday my friend"s funeral was at 6pm. We had a snow storm coming but I made the trip. There was snow but not enough to stop meand I was driving very carefully because my right arm was hurting from the fall Tuesday eve. It was as nice as a funeral can be. But my friend had the pastor give the plan of salvation during the sermon. It is what Glada wanted. A mom's last message to her kids that needed to hear it and to anyone else that needed it. I didn't stay after for the food I left so I could get home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I are glad you are doing okay! We are glad you made it to the funeral as well and that you had friends with you. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Joyce how awful! It's easy to misread those medication leaflets to be sure doctors make enough mistakes and they're supposed to know what they're doing so you have a good excuse. I hope you're feeling better now.

It is so wonderful that the good news was preached at your friend's funeral. Our Pastor never fails to preach the gospel at all the funerals he does - people are more likely to consider their own mortality at a funeral.

Many blessings to you.

Tammy said...

Joyce, I hope you are feeling much, much better now! It is wonderful that your friend had asked the pastor to give the plan of salvation. I hope that those who needed to hear it were listening and receptive!

God bless you!

Jodi said...

Joyce, I had to take blood pressure pills during my second pregnancy. They are powerful little pills aren't they? They tended to make me feel light headed and tired! I hope your body adjusts to the new pill; I was glad to see in a post below that you got the boot off! Freedom!

I think it was a beautiful thing that your friend had the plan of salvation presented at her funeral; I hope the words fell on hearts ready to accept.

Oldqueen44 said...

Congrats on going back to read the directions again. My husband calls me Instant Caron. You get a perscription... That means take it. Glad you feel better.