Saturday, October 20, 2007

Great Day

On Thursday my ex boss picked me up and we went to Green Bay for a few hours .It was raining for the first 30 miles. After it stopped we had cloudy skies for a few more miles but then the sun. While we were down there it was beautiful weather.
We got lost and we had to ask how to get to one of the stores. It was the only bad thing that happened that day. She was able to get what she wanted and so was I. We also stopped at the book store. She is avid reader and she bought 4 books.
I only bought one. She was able to find some clothes for her daughter and a couple sweaters to take on her trip to Europe next year. I bought a pair of dress pants but when I tried them on they didnot fit so I gave them to someone. If she can't wear them she will take them to Goodwill. They were so reduced it wouldn't be worth a trip to return. We had a great Italian lunch. I was home before four in the afternoon. The weather was not as nice as it was in Green Bay.
Good weather. Good sales. It was a gift from God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a nice day! I am glad you enjoyed it. I will have to look at a map to see where Green Bay
actually is.

TO BECOME said...

I am glad you had so much fun on your outing with your friend. It does us all good to be able to get out once in a while. Hope your week is great. connie fromTexas

Mimi said...

sounds like you had a very relaxing and fun day... it is always so nice to be with one of your old and dear friends...
Hope you have a nice and relaxing week...
Blessings to you!!