Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend

I thought it was going to be a quiet week end until there was a knock on my door Saturday morning. There stood my eldest son. He got off work at 6:30am and drove 200 mi. to my house. It was just supposed to be a Hi and Good Bye and plans change. He saw the one he came to see then the two of them went up to see my grandson. When my son came home{Still no sleep} he watched a baseball game with me and finally went upstairs to bed. I didn't wake him this morning and he slept until 10. He made a good breakfast; which for me was lunch and now he is out fishing with a friend.
He hooked up my new phones and they are working now after being charged over night.
I love the surprise of it all. Just mom and son spending quiet time. The two of us haven't been able to do that in years.
We talk on the phone quite often but thats not the same.
Enjoy life as you have it. It is a gift!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! What a blessing!

Mimi said...

so happy for you that you got to spend some quality time with your son...
those times are too few so we enjoy them when we get them don't we!!!
What a great surprise for you...