Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Results or Another Chapter at Doctors

Well I went to the doctor today. The stress test did not show anything because I am not able to exercise enough. The 24 hour monitor didn't show much either. My heart rate only went down once to 45,but I didn't have a bad day. My potassium was fine;I'm not anemic, and my blood sugar was fine. We are now going to cut my meds for a month to see what happens.
I will be checking my B/P and if I have more spells I have to call the doctor. He also wants me to see heart doctor. I am hoping the cut in meds will be a magic cure! He continues to worry about me. I tell him not to. He says what I am doing isn't natural and I counter with " I'm not natural." I don't like traveling in snow and cold. I tend to be a "hermit" in winter.
So instead of not having to go to see him for six months I have the first possible day for appointment in 2008. I have an appointment for 1/2/08. I think the fact that I live alone is the problem for him. I have some medical knowledge because of the work I did so I am not too concern. Of course falling in the tub and almost fainting in laundramat are not good way to spend a day. Have a great day and God Bless!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Joyce,
it looks like the doctor wants you to spend new years with him!!!
I hope it turns out to be your meds... (you know many times the cure is worst than the disease)... maybe taking you off of some of them will help your falling spells...
keep yourself inside and warm... but be careful... sometimes those baths can be dangerous!!!
I am praying for you..
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I think you mentioned earlier some blood-pressure-meds, maybe beta-blocker. Maybe they are just too heavy, too powerful? Just a guess.
Good to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused about the "not natural" part. What does he mean what you are doing is not natural? The meds? Meds aren't natural...so anywho...

I do hope they figure this out soon!!

Anonymous said...

I first read over it, but as cabcree mentioned it, "not natural" is a strange formulation. One can say that anything a human being does is natural, because the human being is a part of nature in any case.
It may not necessarily meet other people's expectations. But as long as no law or an other human being is violated ...