Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hermit Time

This week I was really a hermit. There was snow and cold and I could not locate my boots if I wanted to walk through 8 to9 inches of snow. I wasn't going over the 3 foot snow bank at the end of my driveway. Last sunday the plow went into the ditch along side my house by the road. I left my bed when I heard the noise outside. There was one snow plow trying to pull the other plow out of the ditch. The plow had a blade under it and one in front and that was causing a problem. I haven't been able to see if the end of my drive way was damaged. I went out on my porch after getting dressed to offer them a shovel when I saw there were shovels on the truck. They finally got it out. That was sunday. I was in the house until friday when my friend called me over to her house for coffee. I put on a pair of boots belonging to my son and I went over to see her. This is the friend that is doctoringand I knew she probably had gone to see him. So while I was there I mentioned that I needed some pills refilled. She said the car is here take it and get your pills. So I got my pills and bought a pair of boots.
I also checked my mail for the first time this week. Today when I turned my computer on it was 1 degree. I didn't leave the house today.
I am blessed with good neigbors. One will let me use their car and one snow blowed a path for me.
Have a great new week and know it is nice sometimes to be a hermit.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Joyce,
stay in your house and keep safe while this snow is on the ground... You are truly blessed to have good neighbors that look after you when the weather is bad.....
Have a blessed week...

Anonymous said...

any news from the doctors about what is going on?

Anonymous said...

Hope you have it warm. Saw in the news that ice-storms are going through the West and Illinois.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to cave in for the coming week(s), but am not allowed to. Sometimes change comes discreet.

Anonymous said...

Any hermit-news? Today you should have seen the doc. Hope all went well.