Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brrrr and My Quilt.

Good Morning! It is a great -14 outside and expected windchill around -25 to 45 below. Yesterday I took the electric blanket off my bed. I wanted to use this old quilt I have. It is Dresden Dish Pattern. It is done on large off white sugar bags. It was put together on a sewing machine. It has orange circles in the middle of the pattern. It isn't beautiful; it isn't perfect and I think I love it because it reminds me of me. When I saw it I had to have it. I didn't see in blue ink info about sugar company until later at home.
We all are not perfect but we can strive for perfection. We can be useful even when we are old and have lived awhile.
Count your Blessings- Enjoy who you are! God Bless and ((Hugs))

6 comments:

Tammy said...

OOoh, sounds like its freeeeeezing there! Here it hasn't reached 10 degrees yet, but that's better than your weather! =)
Your quilt sounds very nice! Enjoy sleeping under it!

Mimi said...

your quilt sounds like the kind you can really snuggle beneath and feel warmth...
my grandson now has a quilt that my brother, my husband and I quilted when we were planning our wedding... my mother made the top out of old clothes from my father and brothers...
It isn't particularly pretty either but I always loved it... and now I hope that he loves it as well.
enjoy your quilt..
Love,
Mimi

Jodi said...

I can certainly vouch for the quilt Mimi is speaking of! It's the warmest bed covering in the house (and Brian keeps a firm hold on it - lol).

I think it's wonderful that something so ordinary and useful (the sugar bags) was reborn into something still useful but pretty. (I think the Dresden Plate quilt pattern is lovely ~ one of my favorites!). Seems like there's a lesson in there somewhere! :o)

Stay cozied up!

Anonymous said...

Amen Joyce; we aren't perfect but we abide with the One Who is.

I have a little blog gift for you at my blog.

Hugs.

Mimi said...

It's cold here, too. Your quilt sounds lovely. I think items made out of flour sacks are interesting and part of our history.

Anonymous said...

Major Schmitt had a run, fine, did not get what it was about. The weather-men say it is freezing around GreenBAy. So yer quilt seems to be the right thing, anything protecting from cold seems good.
I hope you feel well and are in good condition. Did not know that Wisconsin can be such cold place! Do you have it warm?