Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You can't hybernate all the time.

Today it was -2 when I awoke. I needed to get some groceries,some laundry done, and vanity won out. I needed to get my haircut. I called a friend and cold or no cold I did what I wanted to get done. It is easy to go from house to warm car .
I even mailed out bills and tax payment(ouch). I sent my son's birthday gift also. They say it will be colder tomorrow morning but I hope to stay warm and indoors. I dressed warm and I was determined to accomplish some thing besides sitting in the house. Living where I live I should expect this type of weather though I don't have to like it. I guess old age is catching up with me. Have a great next few days and count all your blessings. Hugs to you all. Joyce

5 comments:

Mimi said...

well you got your running around done... so now you can hibernate in the house for the next few days and just see the cold steaming up the windows outside...
enjoy the cozy warmth

Anonymous said...

Ooo keep warm Joyce. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

a little birdie said you had your own mode of transportation now. why-fore you didn't use that? can you not do your own driving yet?

Jodi said...

Oh, Joyce ... -2 and colder tomorrow? At least you went out on the warm day ~ lol. Methinks you're a mightier woman than I; I'm not sure I would have been able to overcome the temptation of inside warmth. :o) Seriously, I'm glad you were able to get out and about. It always feels so good to be able to check those types of chores off the to-do list. And if this was your first trip out since surgery, that makes it all the more of an accomplishment and all the more enjoyable. Enjoy your cozy day today!

Anonymous said...

Hope your heating keeps on working. I am still coughing and coughing, but at least I have no more headaches. Congrats to the new cut, hope they made it right as you like it.