Monday, July 21, 2008

No Subject Just Ramblings

Life has gone on since I last posted; some good things and some bad. Terrible fatal crashes within a few hundred feet from each other. These were about a week apart. Lives lost and others changed forever. In this area rumors and stories fill the air. It is such a shame
I cut part of my grass this afternoon. I had to have a neighbor start it. I can't pull the string with enough" umph". While I did the front he rode his rider and did the back. It is such a "good" feeling when it is done. My lower back is hurting, my hand hurts and I know I did something. My eyes were bad and my blood pressure was really down. BUT the lawn is cut!
Does any one know who can give permission to take a speech put it on a monument but leave the last line of the speech off because God was mention? For a country that was founded for religious freedom that is really stupid! The more this is done and people find out doesn't it show just how great God is.
At church yesterday one of the men had a cast on his arm just like I had. Being the dignified and somber lady that I am, I walked up to him and said "Copycat". He broke his in almost the same place I did.
Have a great week and see all the good things God has done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can't pull the string with enough" umph"."

What string? Are you using a kind of scythe? I learned that from my grandfather - you have to go with the swing, and sharpen that blade!
I do not know what is the cause for your comment about the mentioning of God in a speech. We had some problems in Europe when the constitution of the federation was discussed: Should God be mentioned or not? It is still not resolved.
For some reasons I had to swear an oath of loyalty to the German constitution, something similar to Bavaria - the final authority you can trust is God and he must be acknowledged. Haven't the US written somewhere that "in God they trust"?
Ach, excuse me please for babbling along here ... Yes I will try to focus on God's good deeds and forget man's nonsense.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, the string sits on top of the engine on the mower and gets it started. You pull it to make the engine turn.
Here in the US we have people that don't want God mentioned or treated as if HE ever was. They object to manger sceens at Christmas and religious songs at Christmas programs. We put up with Xmas and Happy Holidays! This country was founded for religious freedom and we have alot in this country. You would be amazed by some of the beliefs. But when a speech by a president of this country ends with "So help me God" you don't
just not put it on the monument.
Oh,I know if I didn't have God I would not be here.
Wow, enough preaching from me.
Have a great week and enjoy !

Mimi said...

you did good to cut your grass...It is really hard to get the mower started..

Ours starts with a cord also!

glad you are still feeling feisty.