Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The week and the weak

This has been an interesting time. I had laser treatment on my eye and I went to the doc about my arm and was released from his care.
I spent brief period with the wee ones. They can give you such joy and such a headache. And I in my arrogance think "If only I could have a week with them alone." I was there when a parent was little and a grandparent was little so what do I think I could do. So I make a few points and I pray.
Youngest started walking so the fun begins!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is your eye? is it better? or can you tell?

Mimi said...

glad to hear that your arm is on the mend...Hope the laser treatment helps on your eye....
I'll bet the Youngest is a sweetheart toddling around...

Anonymous said...

It is incredible to see that, generation after generation. None of them would be there without you.
When I do family-research it is always easier to follow the man's family line, because of the name in the books, but it can be very interesting to look at a family from a woman's point of view in genealogical terms. Once I found a woman who married three times, she had children from their different husbands and at the end sat on a farm in Franconia and around her family was sitting on other farms or in small villages. She became old, over 80 and it was in the 19th century, she actually was born before 1789 as I remember. "Lebenswege" - is it paths of live? - can be really "twisted", tortuous.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago,
I married twice and the children from both get along and I wouldn't have it any other way.