Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ask and Then Think Why?

It was a beautiful afternoon, not too hot and the weeds were filling my lawn. The grass had one small spot that hadn't died and was still green. The weeds were the only thing growing and the good Lord did give us some weeds with flowers on.
SO I got the lawn mower out and the gas can and was prepared to go to work. LOL :( I primed,pulled,and primed somemore and got no response from that machine. I walked away disgusted! Let it set in the front yard- I'm mad. My arm hurts and that machine has me tired. Oh,but wait;the man across the street has come home from work and is getting out of his truck.
He is shirtless and hot from working in the woods since early morning. He sees me standing there and the machine in my yard. Joyce ,do you want your mower started? Have you gassed it up? Yes to both questions I say. He walks over to that machine - primes it, pulls the rope and away it goes-no struggle there. He smiles and I say - you make me so mad when you do that and thank you. He smiles and walks to his house while I start cutting my weeds. After doing it thats when I say WHY.
I'm so tired and I only want to make it into the house - drink some water and collapse in my chair. I waited for it to go back to a beautiful afternoon while I looked at my weedless yard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely that that man helped you.

You get some well earned rest! Hope you have more beautiful afternoons. :) Hugs.

Anonymous said...

how nice of him to help you out! I'm so glad they are there for you, J.

Raine said...

Thats one thing I dont miss- yardwork

joan patz said...

Hi Joyce
It was a gorgeous day, how frustrating, but praise the Lord, he sent you someone to solve the problem and the job got done.
Enjoy today!
love ya