Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surprise visit

I had a brief but wonderful visit today. My eldest son stopped by on his way home from vacation. His wife,son and daughter,his son's partner and my two oldest greatgranddaughters. Amanda and Rachel are wonderful. I had Rachel here when she was 6 wks old. She is now 5. Amanda is 5 also but I have seen her a few more times. It is amazing how much time goes between visits. I talk to Amanda on the phone quite often. It is funny when she says "Grandpa sassy". It wasn't a long visit but any time spent with family is precious to me.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, a bit of houseful ~ how wonderful! Surprise visits are my mother-in-law's favorite; nothing makes her happier than us just showing up. You sound very cheery; it must have been a sweet time. :o)

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful when loved ones visit. Sounds like you have a houseful but fun! :)

Anonymous said...

very nice!

Katie said...

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed visits with family this week. Miss you!