Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How to warm up a cold house?

This morning I woke up in a cold bed room. Window open and no furnace on. It had gotten down to 42 last time I had checked. First thing I did was close that window. I made some coffee. I didn't want to start the furnace because it was going to get into the 70s. But this old body was colder than cold. I knew I had to cook something in the oven but I don't cook much anymore. I don't like to waste food and I don't like to eat the same stuff for days. My freezer had the ingredients for one thing I could cook and not mind eating. I got the rest of what I needed out of my cupboards and went to work. Oven was on for an hour an a half. The house was warm and I had 2 chocolate pecan pies. YUM YUM
I know there are a dozen of reasons I shouldn't have cooked that and all I can say is my neighbor had a smile on her face when I gave her half a pie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh chocolate pecan pie sounds lovely! Hope you got nicely warmed.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Not sure I have had a chocolate pecan pie...hmm...glad you got warm though!

Anonymous said...

That's nuts!

Raine said...

chocolate pecan pie?!?!?! I want some!! and a cold house.........what a thought its like 103 F today. Now I am wondering where you live

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Well, can't argue with a chocolate pecan pie! However, cans of soup would be an easier (if blander) thing to put on the stove so as to bring warmth to house and body.