Friday, November 14, 2008

Strange mood

I am really in a strange mood the last few days and I am wondering if others have felt this way and how they handled it.
I look at my closet and see things that I am not wearing and probably won't wear and I just want to get a bag and fill it it up.
Of cource it is strange things like my mother's mink coat and a coat that I got from someone in the 40s. It had a cloth outside with moutan fur inside. My late mother in law made me a new cloth outside for it many years ago. Now why do I have it still. Memories-the woman that gave it to me became a woman marine in ww2. The dress I wore to my son's wedding is another piece. I do have some old clothes but I wear them. It just seems that my closet is not the only place that needs to be emptied. My sons have things that could go and if not out, at least to their house. Have I been watching too much HGTV?
Please don't suggest a rumage sale because I couldn't handle it. There are my colections -cows,angels and stuffed toys that I can't get rid of. I don't know how long some of these things will remain in my house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have these moods where I want to simplify my life and just chuck everything out! Probably hormones or something.

Don't throw something out if you think you'll regret it, it's nice to have happy memories evoked by precious things. Is there anyone who might benefit and be grateful for anything you won't need?

Hugs.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

The coats would go to Goodwill and the dress could go there to or maybe St. Vincents. I wouldn't just put them in the trash.
Things or stuff outside of my collections just don't have the meaning-just things.

Hugs and God Bless

Tammy said...

The mink coat might bring you some money, just a thought (like from an antique store, if they're willing to buy it).

I do not like stuff hanging about my closets either. We just donated three bags full of clothes to the thrift store. It feels good to get stuff out of the house!

Raine said...

I go thru my stuff once or twice a year, but there is some stuff you just keep.......for like 20 years .....THEN you get rid of it LOL

Mimi said...

as long as it isn't in your way...just keep them... some day maybe the kids will take some of their things to their homes...or maybe the grandkids will want ...

you know of course that as soon as you get rid of it one of the kids will say,..."but mom, I always liked that and I would like to have had it!" LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce, just stopping by to say 'hi'. My girls are just stuffing their faces with icecream and chocolate sauce after eating a roast dinner. So I'm tripping round all my favourite blogs.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Just drop in to say Hello. How's it going in snowland?