Sunday, November 30, 2008

Banana Belt ? and Ramblings

100 miles north of where I live they have had about 2 feet of snow-10 in one storm.
100 miles south they have had about 4 inches.
200 miles south are supposed to get 7 inches tonight.
Now where I live I have seen snow covered grass once. Today the road is white but the snow is not much.
So I live in a section of the country that has gotten down to single digets but not much snow.
I am not complaining but it does seem strange.
Life is a little boring when you start comparing snow amounts.
With all the bombings and killings, it makes you wonder how come your so blessed.
I think of small things and take pleasure in them. Phone calls and pictures from my family.
Am I wrong for enjoying the small things? Surely I am not expected to dwell on all the bad news-I feel it but am not able to change it.

2 comments:

Raine said...

I think you are wise for enjoying the small things. Tearing yourself up over things you cant change........ well thats just unnessecary and its your life and you must live it the best you can. With all the depression and sadness in this world if you can avoid it, be proud!

Anonymous said...

really? not much snow there? woohoo for you! :) Racine didn't get much, but the further north we went this morning the more we saw.