Thursday, March 12, 2009

Great Neighbors

This week my son didn't come up for health reasons. But with below zero wind chill temps I stayed indoors. Last night my neighbor called and said they were going up to Iron Mountain and wondered if I wanted to go along. It was -15 wind chill temp when I got in their car. (nice and warm car) While the husband took the car for oil change wife and I wandered around Wal Mart.
We spent over an hour and I was able to do shopping for some things I needed plus a few groceries. Then there were more errands they needed to run and I went along and looked around. Then they took me to lunch. We went to another store to shop and then headed for home. We stopped at post office so I could check my mail for the first time since Saturday. Neighbors like this make my life so much better. Their warmth makes the cold winter so much better.
This hermit is blessed even when she is in the winter hermit mode.

No comments: