Friday, July 31, 2009

Silly Songs

Are they still out there? The Worm Song for spaghetti suppers or the Boarding House Song for group meals. A long time ago we could have a good time just singing these songs. You can't get in trouble (except for getting someone upset while eating),you couldn't be mad at anyone while singing this foolishness together.
At the boarding house where I lived
All the food was green with mold
And the cook's hair is in the butter
Silver threads among the gold
When the dog died we had hot dogs
When the cat died catnip tea
But when the landlord died I left there
Spare ribs were too much for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never heard that before. Your computer has speakers? So listen to this lady -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFiAiu8DBRE

Maybe the lady has more songs. But it is a strange thing how memory works. Over the last half year or so I started to have memories of my childhood, I see areas and locations in my dreams, I remember situations - and have absolutely no clue why.