Thursday, February 08, 2007

new blog frustration

I better come up with some interesting blogs with all the trouble I went thru to get here. I guess old age doesn't like change or understand all this tech stuff.
I am still in a cold wind chill in the morning. They say -20s or -30s tomorrow morning. Around 1 in the afternoon I can get out and start my car. I am not getting an early start on the days activities. We are not getting snow but we sure are getting the cold. There has been some fatal fires also. It is so sad.
I am in a warm house with food in the cupboard and the electric is working. The water is working so I should be content.
Think on the good things!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, my boss, says she hates this time of year and blames it on the short days and cold weather. She says by St. Patrick's day things are looking up. We are almost out of it!

Jodi said...

Joyce -

When my husband was stationed in Alaska (it was a remote assignment -- meaning he couldn't take me), he outfitted our car with a plug (heater). He said everywhere you go in Alaska they have electrical outlets in the parking lots. After you pull up and park, you plug in your car. It allows the car to start up no matter what the temps.

I know when we lived in Maine, most people did not have them on their cars despite the really cold temps. In fact most had not heard of them and were quite jealous of ours - lol. (And of course, the parking lots did not provide outlets). But it was great, because we were able to plug it in when we were home, so our car was always ready to go no matter what the weather.

As I read how cold your temps were, I was wondering about your car. Do people plug in their cars to keep them warm where you live?