Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Strange Days

The last few days the wind has been very strong. Sunday eve when I was in bed I could feel a cold breeze on my face. The neighbors Christmas lights were making my bedroom lit up also. So Monday I started out with a plan. The first thing I did was put my electric blanket in opposit direction-head to foot. Easy fix. The next thing was to cover my windows with blue blankets. Thats when the fun began! I got my two step ladder and was ready to go or at least I thought I was ready to go.
I couldn't reach the windows so I tried to step onto computor table- wrong! It started to give out. Quick get off. Went to the other window which wasn't blocked. Step ladder and blanket to the ready but the drapes had to come off before the blanket could go on. Stopped took the drapes off and put the blanket up. Drapes sitting on the floor in a pile. Off to the other window behind the computer. What was I going to do? Oh, the bed side small 3 drawer dresser. Cleaned off the top of it and got the step ladder and blanket again. Oh the drapes, had to stretch and pull them off. Did it! some more lying on the floor in a pile. Climb the step ladder over the top rail onto the night stand-big stretch and got that blanket up on the window. Now the trick is to get down! LOL Didnot want to step backwards over the bar to the ladder so I took to my bed. One foot on the bed and then I fell. Soft landing onto the bed. Put the things back on the dresser and folded the drapes. Now I have a dark bedroom. Only have to sleep in different direction-no problem right-wrong! Wake up at 2:30 a.m. and have to think how do I get out of the bed in this dark bed room and get to the bathroom. This has been my room for 30 + years and some little changes had me for a minute. See little things are important!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

phooey...the windows didn't get fixed. I'm sorry! It's terrible to have a cold breeze like that.

at least you had a soft landing while getting down. :)

Anonymous said...

I started to get nervous when I met the word "step ladder" ...

The change of small things can make a big difference. In work surroundings for example, in private spaces of course too. Can be simple things like a door making a noise or an uncomfortable stool or such. In the end the world consists of simple and "small" things. And the whole world can be found in small and simple things too.
I am happy to hear that you crashed into your bed and not mistakingly took another landing runway.
O I am very late with wishes for Thanksgiving, I wish you "Alles Gute zum Nikolaus". :)
til later.

Raine said...

I think making your home as comfy as it can be too you is one of the most important things there is. Your home is your haven.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I'm glad that you had a soft landing. Like Mago, I didn't like the appearance of the step-ladder.

Anonymous said...

I fell badly in the bathroom recently trying to wipe the ceiling (lol). I brought the shower curtain rail down with me and got a nice bruise.

You are very brave climbing ladders in the middle of the night! I wouldn't try it myself.

I remember when I lived in Sunderland (North-East) we were fairly near the coast and my room was on the third floor of a big ol' Victorian terrace. The room had a dormer (gabled) window which had no side glass just plywood. The wind off the sea whistled through the gaps so I pinned plastic bags all over the window in an attempt to stop the draught. I used to sleep in a tracksuit, hooded top and gloves.

So grateful for non-draughty windows now!

Hope you sort your draught out it can give you quite a sore neck.

Hugs.

Mimi said...

did not anyone ever tell you that little "OLDER" ladies were not supposed to climb up on the furniture!!!

at least you fell on the bed.....

Can you sleep better now?

Be Careful!!!
Mimi
(another "OLDER" lady)