Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quiet Week

This has been a quiet week for me. I took two trips with my car. One to WalMart and one to do my laundry. We have had a few really hot days and I pretty well stayed in house. I am not pushing my luck. I have had to sit down and stop what I am doing a few times which is really getting to be a pain. I start getting light headed and I quit. My BP is staying down.
I haven't had any visits with my greatgrands except by phone. My neighbor has come over and one morning I sat outside on my porch before six in the morning listening to a crazy woodpecker pecking on a metal sign. Not too much food there! The bird was here last year to. It is a great way to enjoy your morning coffee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These woodpeckers ARE crazy. Once watched one pecking onandon on a antenna ... it was nerve-whacking. The big woodpeckers here (green and brown) are so lazy that even the fattest cat can approach and nearly catch them - they loose feathers ...

I never was a morning person. Nowadays I can enjoy it, but, believe me, I would very much like to be able to sleep through the night before.
Now I have a glass of wine, because I can sleep sleep sleep ... no nightshift this Monday.

Take care Joyce, for yourself.
I would like to see a garden growing.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago
My flowers have mostly come and gone by now. I have a small area with some color yet. But the main part of my garden is green plants. I will get my day lilies yet. Now my gardening is centered on my tomato plants.
Not too much work just watering.
Monday here was great for sleeping, cool and overcast.

Mimi said...

sounds like you have had a very nice restful week...that sitting on the porch enjoying the woodpecker while drinking coffee sounds like my kind of morning...

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mimi,
It was a great week. Not much stress when you relax and don't have many plans. Cook outs seemed to be the plan but I said no to all.