Friday, December 03, 2010

Soup Or Not Quite Stew ?

You know sometimes when you make soup you get fooled. This morning I started a pot of soup and I started out with a good batch of broth first. When I started to add to the broth I didn't stop. I now have a pot of stewp. Too thick for soup and too thin for stew. Important thing it taste good. I find it difficult to make small amount of soup. That's all right since the next day it has more flavor. This is the weather for it regardless if it is soup,stew or stewp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stewp sounds good! You are right, it's difficult to make only a small bowl - and the next day the taste is better!
Today I experimented with lentils, the red ones - and it went astoundingly well. In fact it's the first time I cooked them, really. Maybe I was a bit over-enthusiastic with the garlic. But I have to see nobody until next week ...

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, My stewp had some lentils in with brown rice and potato so that is why it was thick. I used a variety of spices so it was tasty.

Anonymous said...

You and Mago are really in a soup state of mind. Too bad I can't come over to share in the bounty.