Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun Day

Today I had company. The pastor and his wife from the early 80s. Arline and I had kids that chumed around. They went to the school at the church. When my mom died Arline went with me to make arrangements and the meal after the funeral was at their house. My dad laid on their couch and took a nap. When my dad woke up, he was looking for something to eat and they opened their refridge to get dad something.
We talked of old times and fun times. We talked about different people from back then and when we couldn't think of a name I remembered the year books my son has upstairs. Pastor enjoyed seeing the pictures of him and his wife and kids. And looking up the name of old friends. He saw when his daughter and son graduated from high school. His daughter has a daughter that is graduating from college next month.
It was such a sweet time. We went out to lunch and then they had to start home. This was really a blessed day.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! :-)

Mimi said...

what a fun time of reminiscing, it is so nice to visit with friends of long standing... and remembering times when our children were young and still at home with us...
glad you had a great visit...
Mimi

Anonymous said...

cool! that sounds like a really nice visit. =)