Thursday, May 22, 2008

Little gifts from God-Birds

Birds can be annoying but I am blessed to have a few around here that make a good day better. There is a woodpecker that likes the RXR sign across the street from my house. The sign is on a 4x4 treated wood pole. The pecking on the pole is loud and happy sounding. It makes me smile. The bird was here last year and is back this year. Tonight it was making music while I was sitting outside. And then I saw a humming bird sitting on the end of a branch and the yellow finch was flying around. The birds are little things that make me wonder how many of God's gifts do we take for granted?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"burdies" are so much fun! glad that you have one near you keeping you entertained and smiling.

Tammy said...

I love birds!!! We don't get too many fancy looking birds around our house, but I still enjoy them! :)

Katie said...

Joyce! I'm so sorry you broke your wrist! How is it? How many more weeks with the cast?

I love hearing birds sing. Esp. after a long winter. :)

Love you - Cricket

Katie said...

Joyce! I'm so sorry you broke your wrist! How is it? How many more weeks with the cast?

I love hearing birds sing. Esp. after a long winter. :)

Love you - Cricket

Anonymous said...

I like them little featherballs. Not in the morning when they start to talk about God knows what, maybe mostly about flying and worms and where the cat sits ...
One of my happiest childhood memories is watching birds in the winter on the feeding station. And the song of a blackbird (Amsel) always brings back memories of a certain time in my life when I heard such a bird always when coming home.
Hope your arm does not hurt.

Mimi said...

I just love to watch humming birds...
and I like woodpeckers as long as they are pecking on someone else's wood (giggle)
enjoy your bird watching...
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I love the birdies...although I love the kitties too. My naughty kitty has killed two little birdies recently and I was very cross with her...but only a little because she can't help it really.