Thursday, February 26, 2009

Funny Things

Funny things happen in one's life. At least you have to laugh so you don't get too upset. My car has been a laugh maker for quite awhile. I finally got it running and winter came back with a vengence. Freezing drizzle and light snow yesterday and so I didn't want to take the car this morning so I walked to the post office. I was almost there when I saw the icy patch. Being very careful I tried walking around it. Naturally I didn't make it- down I went. I managed to get up and finish the trip to and from.
Then this afternoon started the snow. Our county warned people to stay off the roads as they were impassable. Joy Joy.
The good Lord kept me from a bad injury but I know I banged my knee.
I am so glad I canceled those doctor appointments this week. I'm glad I can still see the humor in life's little problems and not get overwhelmed by them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have all inside your house what you need and all works. Slowly but steadily this winter could come to an end.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, I keep what i need in my house- if I don't have it I don't need it. There is always a change I can make. Here it is 9 in the morning and I am plowed out and a neighbor snow blew my driveway so the car could go. Only one thing wrong - there is a minus 20 degree wind chill factor. There is nothing that will make me go out at that temperature.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Glad you are okay. I think you are spot on with your attitude. Keep laughing. Remember God is by you.

Anonymous said...

I hope your knee is better soon.

Roll on Spring eh?

Hugs.