Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Day & Good Neighbors

First one calls and asked if I would like to go for a ride to store 10 miles away. I said I would love to.
Second one calls and asked if I would like to go up to check on my battery and get new one if I have to.
I called first neighbor and canceled. I explained why.
Second neighbor takes out old battery so we can get it checked. He puts it in the trunk of his car. We go up to WalMart. His wife does her shopping and we go to automotive. Yes the battery is bad. One dead cell. So we go to the shelves and look for a new one. Naturally cheaper ones are gone, I had to get one at the highest price. Typical February thing. Short month but there always seem to be extra bills. When we get back he puts new battery in car. It starts. It is a cold car and I didn't see sitting in car for ten minutes so it would idle without someone in car. We didn't have anywhere else to go. So tomorrow will be the test.
Can I get up,get it started and go. I really hope so.
I also cancelled the appointment I had in Marquette for this coming Thursday.
So I did accomplish some thing today with the help of neighbors.

4 comments:

joan patz said...

Praise the Lord Joyce. I say it can't get any colder, with below temperatures this morning. March is almost here for some reason that sounds good.
I am glad you have a computer that is working well, and your bone test has turned out good.
I have missed you at church and i am sorry I haven't been over.

I love you!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Short month but there always seem to be extra bills. Yes why is this, lol??

Glad you got some important errands done and that your car is up and running. Your neighbours sound lovely.

Anonymous said...

that is great, Joyce! I'm glad you have a new battery. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, January and February are the most expensive months, always. Good that your car is running, you are mobile and independent.