Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Have You Ever?

When I worked in the group home I always said this one resident was his own worse enemy because he had enough on the ball that he knew what he was missing.
I am beginning to have days like that now when I realize what I am missing. What I can't do any more. Not every day is like that but they are getting more frequent.
Oh well, at least I am able to live in my home on my own most of the time. My yard is not always like it should be and some jobs around the house are not done. Today someone came over and did my lawn and weed wacking for me.
I have to change my expectations.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

It is wonderful to have neighbors that want to help you with things...
try to relax and enjoy the pleasure they want to give you...
it is hard to change your life long expectations though isn't it???

Anonymous said...

Hello Joyce! I am a little late, sorry, but these nightshifts grabbed me and other work needed to be done.I wanted to grow some flowers on the balcon but did not manage to seed. I have to concentrate on managing my own "power", I realize that I'm not 35 anymore. How are you doing now? Did summer arrive? Last week I visited Dr. B., he's close to onehundred years now. He wanted me to accompany him on his way to the library. We got there and worked for two hours and after that it was enough for him and he became very tired. But we have an appointment for coming week. He just does not give up. He expects himself to do what he can do. Tell me how you are doin'!

Raine said...

Getting older is hard and gets harder I imagine. I am much younger than you I think but recently I have come to realize I have arthritis in my hips and it is limiting me. Its hard to deal with. I have always been very active and I predict less and less um activity. I imagine its the same for you. Your mind is still as agile as ever but the body just doesnt keep up (((((((((Joyce)))))