Monday, July 06, 2009

Fun Time and Itty Bitty's visit.

It has been quite awhile since my little greatgranddaughter has visited me. What a joy. She has changed so much and has gotten smarter and I can understand her when she speaks. She had a couple of busy days while she was here. Friday night we went to a Freedom Program at college near by. I wasn't sure if she would make it until the fireworks, but I pooped out before she did.
Part of the problem was I didn't have a chair only blanket. My getting up or down does not make for a pretty picture.
The music was great. The look on Lexie's face when the base drum was hit was priceless. We heard blue grass and then a Brass Band from Iron Mountain played. The speaker for the evening was a pilot that was originally schedule to fly out of Boston on 9/11. He is a Commander in Navy Reserve and flies for American Airlines. I didn't get to hear the complete story how he was
saved from being the pilot on that plane because I had to leave. I was done. Lexie was still going until she was put in the car seat and she was asleep before we were off college grounds. Saturday we saw fireworks from my front porch. There were about three different people shooting them off. On Sunday, I saw more from my house. I would have liked Lexie see Sundays fireworks.
Sunday I noticed my car had a low tire. Couldn't have noticed it sooner when Bob was up. I had to go up for fasting blood work first thing this morning so I asked my neighbor to air it up for me. He did and the blood work was done. I came right back home for a cup of coffee and food. I am glad I can still do these things. Have a great week and God Bless.

1 comment:

Raine said...

You are such a positive person. You have become a role model for me