Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Boonies

Today I enjoyed the joys of living in the boonies. I left early this morning to do a few things. I drove for about 10 miles thru the woods on a two lane road. I saw all kinds of trees with just a few spots where there were homes. I saw a few places where the trees were starting to change color. In one front yard there was three deer. At the end of the road I saw wild turkeys sitting on a fence around a baseball diamond. There was one turkey on the baseball field with his tail all spread out. Showing off for a hen I suppose. I love going thru the woods and even where the land has been cleared there is beautiful green field. What a peaceful ride.
I accomplished alot today. I did my laundry. I stocked up on bread. I ordered my medicine. I was going to pick it up but some mixup with insurance I couldn't . Hopefully it will be squared away and the store will mail them to me. I then went to a resale store. It is so much fun to look around and if you see something you can afford to buy it. I also met a friend there. We haven't spent much time together lately so we followed each other to another resale store in another town. After that we went for lunch together. Then we went to dollar store. I found a mat for the floor by my kitchen sink. In fact I found two. Not every thing is a dollar at this store but the two mats were on sale. I spent more at that store than the two resale stores. My friend and I separated so each of us could go home. I went to a grocery store and then home. What a great day out in the boonies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOunds great! From time to time one has to go and just have a look at things in town.

Anonymous said...

You are a September-child too?

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Yes, but the big 5 was long ago for me and you still have a ways to go.
If I could wish you a gift it would be a job you loved!

Raine said...

That sounds like a lovely day. You are lucky to be able to live there I think.

Anonymous said...

I thank you Joyce.