Monday, September 28, 2009

Woolly Bear Caterpillar

Today I look at the middle of my porch and I saw it. It crawls up to the side of the board looks down and came up and went on to the next board. Stuck it's head down between 6 boards and on the seventh board went down to the ground under my porch. It knew where it was going I guess. There are enough plants under my porch so it will have a good meal. I haven't seen one of these in years. In folk lore the width of it's stripe predicts what winter we will have. I'm not sure but it's stripe seemed pretty large to me. I was amazed how it looks for the right spot. Isn't it strange that it knew and we don't always know where to go?
Is instinct better than brains and thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to Google Woolly Bear Caterpillar 'cos I've never seen one. Very hairy!

joan patz said...

Its been a long time since I have actually saw one of those wooly caterpillars.
Sorry I did not call you on your birthday. I want to take you for breakfast, Janelle is coming with the kids today. Katie is coming next week. Her vacation before the 3rd baby comes the first of Dec.

You haven't changed much in the last years, but I am sure you feel it, because I feel it concerning me AGE.
I was reading I Peter chapter 1 today, very encouraging.
Its talks about living by faith having therefore access to the GOd's Power, verses 24,25 For all men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall. BUT the Word of the Lord Stands forever.
Set your hope fully on the grace of God and His coming.
We need to by faith (his power) Be Holy as He is Holy.
I'm glad I don't have to do things in my own power. God is good!
Love ya
Joan