Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life Goes On

It has been a less than exciting time around here since my last post.
I had my 2 yr and 4yr old greatgrands for a day here with my son. I love that little girl and boy. I probably won't see them much in the future due to family complications. Life styles change and I can't always agree with them.
I went to a rummage sale and found a lawn mower I could start. Bought it right away. It died before it cut my front lawn. Darn!!
The weather has been great. The trees are starting to turn colors and the area around here is getting to show off it's beauty.
Earlier this week I slept in. Just up, not dressed yet only in my night gown and there is a knock on my door. I peek out and it is the town chairman at my door.??????? what to do. I opened my door a we bit, stuck out my head and said I not dressed just got up. His quick reply to that was he would be back in 45 minutes. I can tell you it has never taken me that long to get dressed.
He came back and we discussed ways to solve water runoff problem on the road along side the house.
A few days I felt a little sick very close to being afraid to eat.
Yesterday I went up to do my laundry. While up there I called my ex boss and asked if she would be free for lunch. She and another friend did lunch with the bunch once a month for a couple of years. It sort of stopped when my friend died and then my car did to. She said yes but she had no car that day. I said I would pick her up when I was done with my wash. She had driven more than her share years ago. We had a great lunch,great talk.
So you see life goes on.
The road isn't always smooth but it is there to take you where you want to go. Have a great week and God Bless!

1 comment:

joan patz said...

Great to see you are out and about. Sorry I did not talk to you Sunday Morning. I don't know where I ended up. Have a great week!
Love Joan