Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keeping At It

Have you ever felt that you are in a deep rut? No big reason to do anything or go anywhere. Your brain didn't have to work; you could survive doing the thing that come naturally. That was how I felt-no things I could change or help with. THEN
I started to test myself and what I knew. I started with the 50 states trying to name them. I did this for three days. I found out that got better each time I did this in my head but on the third day I wrote them down to see how many I could come up with. I came up with 44 states. I thought for awhile and came up with 4 more. I finally gave up and got out the road map atlas.
I had to find out which ones I hadn't remembered. I had forgotten Colorado on the third day but had remembered it a day before.
What was that state? It was Vermont.
I have done more cooking in the last few weeks things I haven't fixed for ages like stuffed peppers, bread pudding. I cooked a squash and ate it for a few days. I ate it plain and then tried it with pumpkin pie spice. Yum!
This getting old and having things go wrong around you sort of stinks when you can't do anything about it to help.
Maybe I am just feeling the effects of another birthday. I guess I will have to give myself another challenge.
God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squash? Something like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squash_%28plant%29

I would have no chance to tell the fifty states of the US. I also feel little aftershocks of the birthday. I need a new job, fast. And I will have one before the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

what about one of those brain quiz booklets? Although...some of those are rather hard. There are a lot of online challenges too. It's easy to get in a rut. And it's hard to get out of them.