Thursday, April 22, 2010

Memory

Have you ever thought how far back you can remember? How old you were at your earliest memories?
Now I know I have memories back before a lot of you were born-stick around long enough its easy.
But today I even shocked myself. I found a newspaper article about the day my little brother was badly burned by hot tea he pulled down on himself. He was 1. I can remember the scream my mother let out and all the rapid moving and them taking my little brother to the hospital. It was about a month after I turned three. Mother kept that piece of newspaper; dated and put in a little wallet. I wasn't sure when it happened but I remembered it and the scars my brother had. But thanks to my Mom I know when.
Now if I could remember recent things as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This must have given you a real shock creating such a lasting impression. Poor boy. I hope he survived it. It is such a typical houshold accident. I once as a child hit myself very badly on the corner of a table. Years later I had to take care for small children and when I saw them running in the rooms I automatically put my hands around the corners of tables.
I have some early memories, but am not sure what was later told to me and what is "real".
'later

Anonymous said...

wow...like Mago said...must've made quite the impression for you to remember it.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, He survived. He grew very tall. I think 6 foot 4 inches.
Cabcree, It was major .