Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wrong Box?

Tonight I opened the wrong box to check what I could throw away. It had very old memories but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. I found the paper from the cemetery for my husband's burial.
There were sympathy cards. I couldn't just put them in the garbage. I had to look at each one and see so many names that I don't remember. They are still in the box; maybe I will be able to shred or throw but not tonight. It amazes me after all these years how this affected me. These were from 1966.
I also found the bill for my son's surgery less than 2 months later to check if he had Cancer.
I had to wait for a week before I got the final results. He was fine. My son was a little over 2 years old.
This certainly was not the best of times for me.
I did find a Christmas Program from 1974 where my son played solo Silent Night on his small organ.
I am not sure how i'll sleep tonight but the good Lord will give me peace I am sure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you did sleep well, I pray God gives you peace. xx

Anonymous said...

yikes, girl. hope you slept well and you are doing okay.

Joyce said...

Dear Joyce,
There are three of us with the name Joyce who left our comments on Sarah's Random Dozen post!

I have rarely met others with this name, but currently am working with another lady named Joyce.

You sound like a brave lady who has been through a lot. May the Lord continue to bless and keep you. <3

Anonymous said...

Oh well ...

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Who was it that played the organ?

Raine said...

Wow thats rough. I have all the cards still too. Can't bring myself to throw them away and can't bear to look at them either (((((((((Joyce)))))