Friday, June 18, 2010

No Rain Yea!

It rained during the night and they said it would this afternoon BUT it didn't. It is south of us and later may move up and get us again. Went up to iron mountain with Bob and picked up more pills from the doctor's office. I only hope they work. I also bought an umbrella stand so I can put out the umbrella and it will stay. No more flying in the wind. I love being able to sit outside and have coffee. It has been a nice day. While looking around in a store I saw two girls I worked with over 15 years ago. We had a nice chat. When you work where we worked there are memories not all good but easily remembered.
Gosh it sure feels good not to be in a down mood.

3 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

hi Joyce,
Glad you are having a sunny day. Incidentally, where did you work previously?

Joyce's Ramblings said...

LGS I worked in group homes. The residents were developmentally delayed. Some also had major medical problems and some could get violent. Some had mental problems. There were few boring days but some of the residents could make your day with their smile. I often said "There but for the Grace of God".
It was hard but I am so glad I worked there.

Anonymous said...

Tough.
I like having my coffee on the balcony, its sunny in the morning. But lately we had only two or three sunny days and now its cloudy, rainy and way too cold for the season. On the othr hand we will collect lots of fruits in harvest.