Sunday, June 06, 2010

Redundancy or Lack Of Communication

I agree a census is a vital tool for planning and programing but it should not be a way to get a lot of people doing the same thing and no one talking to the other one.
Someone came to my house and I filled out the form. I also gave info on a empty house next door.
Days later I was called on the phone to verify the info given.
Now this morning there is a knock on my door and census worker wants to verify this house is occupied. That was all. Didn't the filled out form and the phone call let them know I was here and the house was occupied?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

redundancy. they sent postcards to tell us they were coming. then postcards to tell us to fill them out. just wasting money as far as I can tell.

Anonymous said...

The last census here was accompanied with strong protests, because a lot of people sensed that the state was asking too many too personal questions.
Today there's facebook ... :)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Cabcree, Wasting money that they don't have.
Mago, None of the questions were too personal here.

robinhood said...

As a census worker myself: The second visit was probably a QA (qualitiy assurance) done randomly to check on the accuracy of the work done by the first census worker. I know it feels ridiculous but important to getting the most accurate census.
Luv you LaVonne

Anonymous said...

lol I see bureaucracy is just as bad your side of the pond as it is here.