Thursday, November 16, 2006

Still Here

I made it through the week end. Then on Tuesday I had my "Lunch with the bunch" date. Well almost, it is second tuesday of the month at 12 noon. My ex boss and girl from work and once in a while a couple more girls from work join us. This week my friend had made a time to be with her daughter. Lately they haven't had much time togetherand she hadgotten the day mixed up. Oh well I will meet my boss myself. I got to the restaurent right at 12. No Carolyn. So I waited until 12:30 then called to leave message that I waited but had to leave. When she answered the phone I started to laugh because after years she had forgotten also. She said she would be right there and I could order for her. The two of us had a nice lunch. Now I have been retired 13 years in December but we have kept in touch all this time. As you can tell it was a good working relationship. Today I went to the other girl's house and visited her. She has cancer and gets tired of sitting in the house.
So my lunch with the bunch took a couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce, you should tell some of the stories. You have some great ones. It is fun listening to you and Glada go on about what happened.

Tammy said...

How nice for you to still have friends from your job! I'm glad you had a nice time, even if you did have to wait for it! =)