Saturday, December 06, 2008

Needs vs Caution

My ladder story seemed to worry some of my blog friends. I was as carefull as I could be and still get the job done. I can't depend on my family to come up and help me everytime there is a need. I will always try to solve a problem before I ask for help. If I can't solve it; I first think does it have to be solved or is there an easy way to solve it. Many problems go away since I can't solve them . They go to limbo. They can sit there for years.
Asking for help is very hard for me. At church I was asked if I have a need and someone volunteered to drive me to a apointment to have my heart loop recorder checked. I was very greatful and Monday I am going to get a ride to the eye doctor. See I can accept some help but there are so many people in church with needs much bigger than mine and I feel guilty when I ask for help.
I know I am 75 and can't do all the things I want to but I made it through this year with a retina problem, abroken wrist, and a broken foot. I have changed my life alot but I won't give in or give up any more than I have to. God is watching over me and I might give Him a few bad moments but He is with me.
I am sleeping much better and not buried under blankets or wearing lots of clothes to sleep in.
Hugs to you all.

5 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Dear Joyce,
I certainly appreciate your independent spirit but some activities such as monkeying around on stepladders and furniture can be rather risky and frankly the risk (like a broken hip from a bad fall) is not worth it. By all means keep doing your little chores and projects but don't be embarassed to set aside the high risk ones for someone from church. They would much prefer to be able to serve you in this small way, I'm sure, than to have you incapacitated by a bad fall. Please consider this plea, Madame Daredevil. :)

Raine said...

ditto what squirrel said

Anonymous said...

ditto

also...did you get a lot of snow? It's been snowing like crazy here.

Anonymous said...

God is watching over me and I might give Him a few bad moments but He is with me.

Amen.

I'm so glad to hear your church will help you out when you need it. We all need help sometimes.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

:)

No comment from me.
"Climb on you crazy diamond"?

I guess when I'll be your age and still that fit I'll stay as independent as possible as long as possible too. Climbing included. But giving one of the churches young springinsfields the chance to train his/her climbing ability is not wrong either. I am sure you know what to do.