Sunday, December 14, 2008

Week end

Weather ended my great weekend. We had combination snow and freezing rain this morning and tomorrow wind chill is going to be 15-20 below zero. And tomorrow my youngest great grandchild would be coming up here. No little one should be out in those temperatures and I sure wasn't going to be out in it. So my son and my great grandson went home this morning. It didn't make sense for my son to drive home and get Alexus today and come back here. Thats over 160 miles round trip in less than good driving conditions.
There were plans to get my blood work done and a few other things but not in that weather. We had such a good time friday and saturday and we did alot of things that needed to be done. Friday started out by going to the post office to get my mail. Joy Joy I got my property tax bill. Not the best start. I went and did my laundry and little Robert was so good. I went an got refills of a couple of my meds and did some shopping. I went to visit a new store that I wanted to see. Where I wanted to go we went. Then we called it quits because Robert and I were tired. Saturday was another day. Go to the store for another refill, get the makings for cookies for Robert and I to make for him to take home to his mom. More fun!!! My son worked on covering my bedroom windows with insulation. He didn't need a ladder and he moved the whole computor table and all.
I hadn't seen little Robert for months and was amazed how good he was . I wanted more time with him and would have loved to have the little girl up here to. I was sad when they left but I had two good great days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's great you had fun! I'm glad Bob was able to help with those windows. I hope it is better for you!

Anonymous said...

:)
Cookies?
With chokolade maybe?

Good to hear that your son did the mountaineering.

Will there be a cookie-picture?

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Mago, No pictures since I haven't gone modern with pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family. And also glad that your window's been insulated, hope the draught has stopped.

Friday started out by going to the post office to get my mail. Joy Joy I got my property tax bill. Does your mail not get delivered? I'd really miss our postwoman, I'd hate to have to travel out everyday to get my post. And boo hiss to the tax bill, tax has to be paid, but it's never fun!

Hugs.

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Sarah, I have a post office box because if I put up mail box it has to be by the road and if we get snow I have to be sure it is shoveled out or they won't give me my mail. The plow goes by and there is alot of snow piled up in front of the box or maybe the plow knocks the box down so it is better to get box at post office a couple of blocks away. I get the exercise of walking to post office and I really don't get that much. A few years ago I counted the mail I received in a month and it was only 16 letters mostly bills. Taxes are a must if you want anything.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Glad you had a great weekend even if it was shortened by the weather. Super glad that your bedroom insulation problem is solved and you don't have to do the spiderman bit anymore. :)