Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Made It.

Another Christmas is over and we are in the last week of 2008. For me it is a time to reflect: what I did right and what I did wrong. Not put it in writing though. I am not sure I would like the length of wrongs to be seen by everyone. And when I think back don't get angry all over again about things I have no control over. Pray harder on some and some just forget about.
Thank God for allowing me to be around yet. I remember when 75 seemed ancient.
Thank God for my family-the good parts and the bad parts.
Thank God for my friends and neighbors.
Thank God for my church. The pastor has a way of getting to me more than any of the previous pastors. No details given out!
There are more things but these are the most important. Of cource, the country and those brave troops can't be forgotten.
Come on 2009! I am waiting for you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for so many things too.

And lol, I wouldn't like to list all my wrongs on my blog either...it would take me forever to write!!!! ;)

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

ditto. :) glad for many things and no way I'm writing out all the wrongs I've done...just this year. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish you a good new year - health, luck and everything you need!

Raine said...

I think I will just not ruminate on the last year or so. Just plan to start a new and better one.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

That's teasing....throwing us crumbs and giving no details ! :)

Have a great 2009!

Katie said...

Joyce, I love your positive, realistic, honest outlook on things. I can't believe 2009 is here either. Love you.