Saturday, December 20, 2008

USO Show

Tonight I watched Trace Atkins (not sure of spelling) in a USO show over in Iraq and Afganistan. There were a few differences in this show. The girls wern't beauties there for show: they were military fighting like the men. I can remember Bob Hope's shows during the Vietnam War. And all I can say is WHY? Will it ever end? Will we ever learn? Thank God we have people that are willing to fight. But why do we have to have them? Years ago Bob Hope prayed that he could stop doing this type of show . And when he ended a show he would say maybe next year I will be able to stay home. This show has really affected me. I'm glad the USO is around but wish it wasn't needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

War is awful all round isn't it? I wonder that if we all lived like Jesus we would need war? We would be like Elisha with those heavenly chariots of fire all around us protecting us. But I know I've got a LONG way to be anything like our Lord.

These people who put on shows in warzones are very brave...even more so these reporters that go into warzones...I don't even like to go on a commercial plane! (It doesn't help that I've been watching programmes about aeroplane crashes recently!)

Hugs

Mimi said...

It takes a very special kind of person who can go into the war zones and give of themselves in order to entertain our troupes....

There will ever be a time when there are no wars...or rumors of wars... so it is wonderful that there is a USO to let the soldiers know that we support them in what they are doing in keeping us safe...

Have a very Merry Christmas....